Friday 2 March 2012

Proof that the lunatics have taken over the asylum


So I returned to work today after the freaking awful 'Nurse prescribers' pharmacology exam and found this letter waiting for me...

Dear Lucien

We have to be seen to assess the weight of every patient attending the Unit as part of our new contract with the government.

I have to audit patient notes and feedback my findings to the centre manager.


Can you therefore please ensure that you comment on each patients weight in the clinical notes. For example, you could use the phrase “appears to be of normal weight”.

Please weigh patients who appear under or over weight and offer the appropriate advice/referral.


Regards

Blodwyn



Now look Blodwyn...I like to think that I'm brave...
...I have put my life on the line for my country,like I believe all good citizens should...

And I know that you think that I am only a bitter and twisted middle aged "male nurse" with buggared knees and a wonky left eye...and thus not very clever...

But are you seriously suggesting that the next female patient that I see who is "overweight"...

...and by the way,exactly what criteria am I supposed to use make that judgement...?

Are you seriously suggesting that I tell a female patient who I have never met before...
...and will subsequently probably never meet again...
...except at my hearing for professional misconduct at the NMC...

...that I think that she is "overweight"..
...and that I would like Julian to weigh her to establish 'exactly','precisely' how overweight she might be...
...and then to enter her weight into my notes...
...and then to discuss diets with her...

Honestly...how brave do you think I am?
How stupid do you think I am?
As stupid as you appear to be?


Click HERE to take the test to discover how stupid your boss is...


No comments:

Post a Comment