Tuesday 24 December 2013

The first christmas snow...



So there I was...
...Christmas Eve, just finished at the gym, feeling achy and slightly smug...
...and popped off to the local supermarket to pick up the traditional festive and Yuletide lobster for my lunch tomorrow...

And of course found myself standing in a queue with some old age pensioners who clearly thought that  Christmas actually heralded some worldwide brussel-sprout famine...

The young woman serving at the till was being polite and helpful and tolerant of all their idiot questions and patiently sorting through various expired discount  and BOGOF vouchers for other supermarkets which they were trying to use and I really admired her gracious behaviour, wishing half-heartedly that I might ever be even 1/10 so polite and interested in my patients...

...Jah...
...not really going to happen...
...even at Xmas...
...especially at Xmas!

The young lady had thick red dyed hair styled like  Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffanys 





How pretty she looks, I thought, showing my true misogynist and lustful character...

Paler than Audrey.
Possibly slightly plumper.
Perhaps with more pimples.

But I really liked that she had sprinkled glitter in her hair.

And then when I got to the till and wished her a brisk 'good morning' I realised the glitter was in fact dandruff.

Aw...sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment