Thursday 21 October 2010

Nurse...writer...mind reader


"Good morning...what can I do for you today?"

Well...what it is...I've got this pain in my tummy...

"Uh huh...how long have you had the pain?"

Humm...about 10 years...

"I'm sorry...did you say '10 years' ?"

Yes...the pain started 10 years ago and I went to see my doctor at the time...

"And what did he say was wrong?"

I can't remember...but he did say that I needed 2 injections...

"Uh huh...and did you have the injections?"

Well...he gave me the first injection...but I'm scared of doctors so I didn't go back...

"So why are you here today? What would you like me to do?"

Well....give me the second injection of course...!

"Ah...I see you subscribe to the 'better living through denial' philosophy"


2 comments:

  1. 'is this the the women that got left on the bed when the practioner went in on overtime?' Vitamin B6

    ReplyDelete
  2. sheesh! People are odd in that quaint olde worlde place...
    Taxi for 1, next...

    shuffling person.

    ReplyDelete