Saturday 28 July 2012

Its just as well my default mental setting is "cynic"...




I love Private Eye....its a shining beacon of individualistic and independent journalism...and their covers are usually funny, sometimes rude or cruel...but the current cover really gets to the heart of the Olympics...










Look....I understand the point of branding and intellectual copyright ....but the main cost of the games is borne by the taxpayer and not by the few "main sponsors" who want absolute control over all branding of any sort , anywhere in the country at any time, before during of after the games.

I am so tired of the fascist LOGOG....particularly when I'm paying 45% tax and my sport is not represented...

So....heres me posting the Olympic logo...now go ahead and sue me you fat cat bastards....












And then this evening, taking some annual leave , settling down with a stack of newspapers  and a bottle of cider and a carrot cake...I was delighted....*delighted*  I tell you....NOT...to see that Harrods opened its Christmas Shop yesterday....




Because as they say in their press release....
There’s nothing worse than getting stuck in the Christmas Eve crowds as you try to find your last perfect present.
So to help all you would-be last minute shoppers, Harrods has opened its popular Christmas World department a full 151 days before the big event.
Opened by the man himself, Father Christmas, on Thursday 26 July 2012, this new 8,000 sq ft shopping space features a spectacular giant snowglobe village, a pop-up gingerbread Harrods, a mountaintop ski chalet and even a replica of the Tower of London that will house Harrods’ most expensive set of Christmas crackers worth £1,299.





No comments:

Post a Comment