Tuesday 13 March 2012

The zombie and the shopgirl...a tale of true love that conquered all


The patients circumference was greater than his height...
...with long lank greasy hair...
...and weapons grade body odour...

...but he was actually quite friendly and funny.

He had fallen and injured his dominant wrist and I was, - as always-.concerned that he would be safe when he was discharged home.

And then I found out he was married...
...and had been for 36 years.

And then he told me the story of how they had met...
...its all true...

Well...I had just moved here and didn't know anyone...

"Uh huh..."

And I was out shopping in Woolworth's one day...

"Uh huh..."

And I saw this really beautiful sales girl...

"Uh huh..."

Anyway...I wasn't good looking or anything but I really liked her...

"Uh huh..."

So every day i went into the shop and bought some chocolates from her...

"Uh huh..."

And we started to talk...

"Uh huh..."

And then I told her who I was and asked her on a date...

"Uh huh..."

Anyway...one day I wasn't looking where I was going and on the way out I walked through the glass door by mistake...

"Uh huh..."

And it broke all over me...

"Uh huh..."

And they thought I was dead...

"Uh huh..."

Anyway...the sales girl came to the hospital to identify me because she was the last person who had been talking to me...

"Uh huh..."

And I was lying in the morgue...all dead...

"Uh huh..."

And then, when she came in to identify me, I woke up....I came back from the dead...

"Uh huh..."

And they said that they'd never seen anything like it before...because I was cut to pieces and was dead...

"Uh huh..."

Anyway...we decided then that we were probably meant to be together...

"Uh huh..."

And so we got married and we've been together ever since...

"Gosh..."

You don't believe me do you...?

"I believe you Sir...
...I don't know if my readers will believe me...
...but I believe you..."


No comments:

Post a Comment