Saturday 14 January 2012

I didn't really mind that...

Dear Madam

I didn't really mind that you came to a busy Minor Injuries Unit on a Saturday afternoon with a condition you described as "passing fresh blood from my back passage"...

I didn't believe you when you said that you had never had hemorrhoids...(or piles)...before,but I didn't really mind that I had to examine you...

I didn't really mind that your husband-,who is 25 years older than you-, sat in the consulting room the whole time...

I didn't really mind that your husband seemed to enjoy watching me perform what is quite an embarrassing examination on you...

I didn't really mind that your husband is a Registered Sex Offender and that was why I had to examine you as the Designated Nurse for Perverts in this area...

I didn't really mind that you had clearly not cleaned your "back passage" after your last bowel movement,despite knowing that you were coming to hospital...

...that is after all why I was wearing a mask...

I didn't really mind that I had to prescribe some medicines for you and that you will not pay any prescription charges because neither you nor your husband work because you are both on 'benefits' due to "stress" ...

But honestly...
...when I suggested that you go home and have a shower and clean yourself up before using the ointment...
...was it really necessary to turn to your husband...
...and in a simpering "little girl lost voice" ask him to wash you 'down there'...

...and then for him to smile tenderly back at you and agree to do so...

This job...
...this town...
...sometimes its like a government experiment in scum propagation...
...and my Unit is the petri dish...

*Oy*


1 comment:

  1. ACK !~! My deepest sympathies for you for this meeting of the glove and mucous membrane. Yowza, man, some people are so ignorant.

    ReplyDelete