Tuesday 3 March 2009

Square Root Day !! Celebrate !!



I am a geek...there...I've said it out loud!!

Regular readers will know how devastated I was when my PDA was stolen...I quite literally felt like my left arm was missing...to the extent that I have now not only replaced it,but I have also bought a spare one as a backup! Oy!

And I love numbers...love them...

I don't always understand them of course but the harmonic beauty of prime numbers is just blissful...and so...dear reader...Happy Square Root day to you!!

On this glorious day, the numbers 03.03.09 form a perfect square.

It only occurs nine times each century, and falls today , Tuesday the 3/3/09 (for the mathematically challenged, three is the square root of nine).
The last such day was five years ago, Feb. 2, 2004,and the next is seven years away, on April 4, 2016.

Also...don't forget to celebrate "Pi day" on march 14 (3.14).

I know...I need to get a life...

In the meantime I'm going to play with my slide rule!!


No comments:

Post a Comment