Monday 13 August 2012

London Pride



I have to be honest and say that I am very glad that the Olympics are over....
I think they are a waste of money and have become (in the words of AA Gill) "a quadrennial television series, that have grown as television has grown.Before the 1960's, they were sports meetings you read about or might have seen on a bit of flickering newsreel a month later."

Really - who cares?

However...it would be petty and small minded of me not to acknowledge and pay homage to-, the soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines who,-as always-, just stepped up and quietly and efficiently got on with their work.

And also , a word of thanks to all the volunteers...

I.M.H.O., this  is the song that should have ended the games...




(And if you have no idea of who The Master is, or you have never heard this song,then I hope you enjoy it...actually I don't really care....I enjoy his music)

No comments:

Post a Comment