Monday 16 January 2012

Take the first right,stop at the lights,swerve around the umbilicus..


“Good afternoon…what can I do for you today?”

Well…what it is…obviously….I had a Cesarean 11 days ago…and I think the operation (sic) is infected…

“Okay…how’s your baby doing?”

Fine I suppose…

“Okay…do you have any underlying medical or surgical problems of any sort?”

No…

“Do you have any health conditions or problems I need to know about?”

No…

“Okay…so do you take any medicines of any sort-, on a daily basis-,for any reason-,medical or otherwise?”

Well…just the fluoxetine for my depression

“Is this post natal depression…since the birth of your baby?”

No….I’ve been depressed for years…

“Okay…are you breast feeding?”

No…it hurt too much last time

“Okay…ummhh…right…do you smoke?”

Yes!

“Are you married or do you live with someone?”

No…

“Okay then…lets have a look at your C-section scar then…please just lie down on the couch there...”

She got up from the chair to lie down on the examination couch as I went to the sink to wash my hands.

“So…where did you have the surgery then?”

She look at me like I was stupid...

On my tummy…?!?!

"I meant....which hospital...?"

I looked at her like she was stupid.

Only one of us was correct.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious, i sometimes get that look from a patient when i ask what the problem is. "I am sick", they reply as if to say does this doctor know his job?

    ReplyDelete