Monday 8 August 2011

The $64 000 dollar question


The patient supposedly had a head injury.
I was asking him the time/place/person/prime minister/monarch questions.

"Okay...do you know where you are?"

What...right now?

"Jah..."

Oh...well in hospital with you...

"What do you think my job is?"

What do you mean...?

"Well...do you think I am a police officer...or a bus driver...or a vet...?"

Ummmhhhh...well...your badge says you're a nurse...?

"Okay...do you know the name of the monarch?"

Whats a "monarch" ?

"The Queen...of England... if that's any help...?"

No mate....that's not my subject...
Go on...ask me anything about football...
Ask me who Fabio Capello is...go on!!

"Okay...who is he?"

Well...strewth mate....he's the England football team coach...you don't know that....and you think I'm confused...

He laughed.
His idiot girlfriend smirked.

"So...the Queen is not your subject....well...thats unfortunate because I think you'll find that you are her subject."
I smirked.

"I'll give you a hint...her head is on most of the stamps and currency..."

Sorry mate...I think it involves someone called 'Charles'...and maybe someone called 'William'...does that help...?

I decided it wasn't so much a head-injury related confusion as much as just plain old fashioned stupidity.

Am I going to be okay?

"Well...as long as the government doesn't make you pass an intelligence test to draw your unemployment benefits,I think you'll be just fine..."


No comments:

Post a Comment