Saturday 15 January 2011

That will bring a tear to your eye...



It was just after opening that the young man came in and asked to see a male doctor.

I got to see him about 20 minutes later...and he walked into the Unit with the oh-so-familiar 'gun slingers' gait and sat down very carefully on the chair.

This is what he had written on the admission form:-


I examined him and found that indeed he did appear to have a 'fractured' penis...inasmuch as it resembled a small monkeys arm,bent at the elbow...as it were...

The most bizarre part was the discussion with the on-call urological surgeon who clearly had no idea what I meant when I said that he injured himself whilst having intercourse with his girlfriend who was in the 'reverse cowgirl' position...I offered to show her...at some future date,after dinner perhaps...a few drinks even...a kind offer she rejected out of hand...as it were...

*sigh*

It was a long day.


No comments:

Post a Comment