Saturday 1 January 2011

The 7 Dwarf syndrome


First day of the new year…

…and I was feeling a little Sleepy as my neighbours had been making a racket last night celebrating the new year…

…so I was Happy to see that the first patient of the day appeared to be a straightforward case...a young woman with a cold and cough…

…who unfortunately was a little Dopey owing to a combination of her pre-existing poor genetic material which had been soaked in excessive amounts of alcohol…

…I felt a bit Bashful when I told her I needed to listen to her chest…

…and then felt Sneezy when I got closer for the examination due to her body odour as she hadn’t apparently washed for a week or two…

….”Gee Doc” she whinged when I told her she had a viral upper respiratory tract infection,-a cold-, and that I would not be giving her any antibiotics…"what a waste of my time…I could have stayed at the party”

…and so she left feeling Grumpy that I wouldn’t give her a sick note either…since her temperature was lower then mine.

As I stared out at the Snow White parking lot,thinking of the busy day ahead, I wondered why the only women I ever meet socially are the Wicked Stepmother...or the Evil Witch...or the Ugly Sister?

Or just plain mad like....well...you know who you are!!

Sighing,I bit into my apple and went back to work feeling a bit like the Grinch.


No comments:

Post a Comment