Saturday 4 September 2010

Open wide...


"Good afternoon...what can I do for you today?"

I have a sore throat...

"Uh huh...how long has it been sore?"

About 4 years...

"I beg your pardon...4 years?"

Well...what it is...I had tonsillitis 4 years ago...and its come back...

"No...no,it hasn't come back...if you have got tonsillitis today then its a new and different infection..."

Are you sure...?

"Ma'am....your kebab from last night may come back if you drink enough...bell bottoms may come back...herpes will definitely come back...and inexplicably,even the Labour Party keeps making a comeback...
...but honestly...your strep throat from 4 years ago...has...not....come...back!"

And so I examined her...and indeed she had a full blown,foul breathed,bilateral follicular tonsillitis...and I gave her the Penicillin V 500mgs QID that we use here.

I heard her tell her husband as they left the Unit...

You see...he were wrong...I told him I had tonsillitis from 4 years ago....!!

It sometimes feel like Earth is the insane asylum for the Universe...and my Unit is the waiting room!

No comments:

Post a Comment